Subscribe to stay on top of our latest content!
Share this article
Businesses in sectors such as financial, legal and insurance services that are required to comply with the regulations governing their operations need tools to help them remain compliant. If this applies to your business, we understand that compliance is a really big deal and you need a CRM that can help you stay on the right side of the law.
Luckily for you, FLG includes a range of built-in features that will give you complete peace of mind:
Written by Lauren Shaw
1. GDPR compliance
As we’re sure you’re well aware, GDPR has imposed tougher obligations on all businesses with regards to how they collect, store and manage the personal data of EU citizens. You can mitigate most of the risks of GDPR by making sure you receive ‘opt in’ of personal data, and that you provide an easy mechanism for individuals to view, modify and ‘opt out’ of you holding their data.
FLG allows you to:
- Record consent of ‘opt in’ with all lead capture options (web form, API, iFrame) allowing customers to view a consent statement and select their preferred contact methods.
- Respond to requests for customer data – all customer data is in one place (on the lead record), so it’s simply a case of exporting the lead history and forwarding it to the customer.
- Permanently delete data – deleted leads are immediately inaccessible through the FLG platform and are permanently deleted after a period of up to 7 days.
- Provide an easy ‘opt out’ option – all emails sent via a bulk or automated action include an unsubscribe link, and users can easily change a customer’s consent state for each communication channel or set up actions to automate customer contact preferences.
2. User compliance and platform permissions
When it comes to user access, FLG supports granular permissions so you can assign precise user privileges to control what your users are able to see and do from within their user account.
For example, you can grant permission to:
- View assigned leads only
- Allow users to self-assign leads
- Access other users’ calendar availability
- View full details of other users’ tasks
- Access team manager privileges
What’s more you can build interactive, step-by-step user call scripts to ensure that no important steps are ever missed. These are built using multi-step forms with conditional logic that prompts users to collect information based on the responses they gather. This can help to guide calls, and remind users to obtain all the data they require and communicate important policies, legal information or terms and conditions.
Plus, you can remove some of the administrative burden from your staff by building integrated templates for emails, text messages and letters into your automated workflows. This ensures important information is accurately and consistently communicated to your customers through the correct channel at the right time in your sales process.
3. Audit logs and reports
We make it easy to monitor lead activity with a complete timeline accessible from within each lead itself. This includes things like emails, text messages and letters; appointments, tasks and events; call details and notes; and an audit history showing details such as status changes and when the lead was edited.
For account-wide auditing, FLG comes with a time-stamped audit trail as standard, and additional logs and reporting can be accessed on our Concierge plan to provide more granular information on all database activity. This allows you to see more details on things like user, partner and lead activity, communication logs, exported and imported data, changelogs, and authentication reports including log-in attempts, password changes, and IP addresses – giving you more visibility of the activities taking place in your account.
4. Call notes and recordings
The FLG Voice feature allows you to use our integrated dialler and telephony services alongside FLG CRM, which often feature call recording options. Our Aircall integration, for example, automatically creates call notes and recordings, and attached them against each lead in FLG.
Aside from the obvious benefits of being able to monitor calls for continuous improvement, it’s an indispensable tool for businesses that are required to record and retain calls to comply with regulations.
5. Secure data storage
And of course, all FLG’s customer data is completely secure. The platform is compliantly hosted in ISO 27001 certified data centres in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, and no data is ever transferred outside of these areas.
If you have any questions about how the FLG platform can help you with your own specific regulatory obligations, please get in touch with our friendly support team who would be more than happy to discuss your requirements.