Subscribe to stay on top of our latest content!
Share this article
Not everyone is ready to buy from you the moment they make an enquiry. They may need more information, they may be thinking ahead, or maybe they’re sizing you up against your competitors.
This is your golden opportunity to nurture your leads and keep them warm to maximise the chances of converting them into sales further down the line. We’ve put together some ideas on how you can do this to achieve the best results.
Make yourself unforgettable 👋
Don’t focus on hot leads! 🍒
Many companies cherry pick sales-ready leads and forget about the rest. They get the same average results and wonder why they don’t get better conversion rates 🤔. It’s important that you nurture all of your leads – keep in close contact with the people who aren’t quite ready to buy and watch what happens.
Quality vs. quantity ⚖
It’s not about bombarding your prospects with sales material – it’s about building a relationship and trust with them through regular (but not too regular) well-thought-out comms, so aim to strike the right balance.
Make sure you’re the first business they think of when they’re ready to buy the product or service you offer by making them like and trust you. That way, not only will they want to do business with you, but they’ll happily refer you to others.
It’s not about bombarding your prospects with sales material - it’s about building a relationship and trust with them.
How to nurture your leads effectively:
- Don’t focus on selling – provide relevant and practical content that helps potential customers understand how you meet their requirements.
- Help them find solutions and educate them on the value of your product or service with useful eBooks, white papers, videos or blog posts etc.
- Use different channels to reach them such as emails, letters and calls, but make them work in harmony and keep a detailed record of your communication history.
- Tell them why you’re different and gently persuade them that you’re a better option than your competitors.
- Tell them what’s new – if you’ve got a new feature or service that you think they’ll love, or you’ve implemented a new tool to improve customer service, tell them about it! It could be all it takes to sway them towards you over a competitor.
- Send them special offers to help build up to a sale.
Put a process in place
How marketing automation can help
When it comes to nurturing leads on a large scale with a high number of prospects at different stages in the buying process, things can get complicated if you’re handling it manually.
If your leads are being left to go cold and you want to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your nurturing process, marketing automation could be just what you need to streamline your efforts.
In no time at all, we could have you up and running with an automated process whereby any leads that haven’t converted into a sale follow a carefully planned nurture workflow, with targeted content sent at the different stages of your sales funnel.
With FLG, marketing automation can help you:
- Ensure you reach your entire leads list via email, SMS or postal mail from one single platform.
- Create a rapport with personalised emails, letters and SMS templates.
- Define sequences of lead nurturing steps for each lead status.
- Track every email open and click, and trigger actions based on events.
- Allocate email and SMS replies to the best user or team to ensure they’re followed up correctly.