Subscribe to stay on top of our latest content!
Share this article
After you've hit send on your email marketing campaigns, you need to know how effectively they're performing to help you and your users take the best course of action when following them up. FLG marketing automation allows you to track every open and click, and get notified if any emails fail to deliver.
That way, you’re not left in the dark waiting for signs of interest in your services. By identifying leads that have engaged with your communications and prioritising your efforts on these leads while they’re warm, you’ll have a better chance of converting them into sales.
Written by Lauren Shaw
Watch how FLG’s email tracking works
Here’s a short video that shows each step of the following scenario:
- An FLG user sends a lead an email
- The email status is updated to ‘delivered’, and then ‘opened’ when the lead views it
- The lead clicks on a link in the email and the status is updated to ‘clicked’
- This trigger automatically sets a task for the user to follow up on the interest expressed when the user clicked the link
- The lead responds to the email and the reply is shown in the lead timeline.
Track every email event
FLG marketing automation can track every email delivery, open, click, reply, unsubscribe, spam report, and hard bounce failure. Your users can be notified right away on their dashboard, and all statuses can be viewed in each lead’s record where everything is updated automatically.
In the lead summary below, you can see that the email status is showing as ‘Opened’.
Drive actions based on email events
What’s more, you can set up marketing automation actions to take place via intelligent workflows whenever email events occur. For example, if a lead clicks a link from within an email to view a quote you have prepared for them, this can trigger the automatic creation of a task for the assigned user to follow up with a phone call.
Or, the lead status could be updated automatically, which in turn could trigger a whole new workflow. Our automated workflow possibilities are endless and can be set up to work exactly how you need them to in line with your sales process.
To make email event tracking even more useful, you can apply conditions to filter them:
- Email subject – filter all email events by subject of the sent email
- Email link ID – filter clicked emails by links that have an ID attribute set
- Email link URL – filter clicked emails that contain a particular URL.
Getting value from email tracking & marketing automation actions
Here are some ideas on how to maximise the value of our email event tracking functionality:
- Pre-qualify leads by warming them up via email and initiate personal contact when recipients interact with emails by tasking a user to call them when an email is clicked or replied to.
- Send a sequence of further emails when a recipient clicks on a link by triggering a workflow when a ‘Clicked’ email event takes place.
- Automatically update the lead status to indicate quality (e.g. cold, warm, hot) by adding change status actions to ‘Clicked’ or ‘Replied’ email events.
- Use conditions to change the lead status depending on the current one, for example if ‘Warm’ and clicked, update to ‘Hot’, or if pricing information is clicked, change to ‘Hot’ straight away.
Email tracking reports
If you’d like to run a report to monitor how effectively your marketing campaigns are performing, you can do so using FLG Insights, our custom reporting tool that will allow you to see at a glance how many successful deliveries have taken place, as well as opens, clicks and replies etc.
Are you curious to know more about email tracking and automated follow-up actions?
Contact us and our friendly team will be in touch to discuss your requirements.